PROJECTS | Exhibitions
Videospotting in Bergen
18. 1.-2. 3. 2008
Presentation and lecture by Barbara Borčič
7. 2. 2008, at 7 pm
The Foundation & Gallery 3,14
SCCA-Ljubljana, Center for Contemporary Arts was hosted by The Foundation & Gallery 3,14 (Bergen, Norway) to present Videospotting, a program by SCCA-Ljubljana, which aims to present and promote video art from Slovenia on the international scene.
The exhibition consisted of three curated programs: Videodokument_Presents, Eyedentify Yourself, and Creatures II.
During the exhibition Barbara Borčič presented the documentation, archival and research project Videodokument and talked about a complex practices of video art in Slovenia.
Videodokument_Presents (102 min.), 2006
curated by Barbara Borčič
Selected video works presented in Videodokument from more than thirty years history of video in Slovenia (1969-1998), in particular those that function with images and sound in the gallery space.
- Nuša & Srečo Dragan: The White Milk of White Breasts, 2'24'', 1969 (1984)
- Marijan Osole-Max: Avtop, 4'50'', 1983
- Miha Vipotnik: Don't Panic, 7', 1984
- Zemira Alajbegović & Neven Korda (Borghesia): Discipline (So Young), 3'46'', 1984
- Marko A. Kovačič: American Dream, 6', 1986
- Rok Sieberer-Kuri: Crisis, 3', 1989
- Sašo Podgoršek: Model, 5', 1989
- Zemira Alajbegović & Neven Korda: The Sand Collectors, 12', 1995
- Peter Vezjak: Venite Lucifer, 4', 1995
- Marko A. Kovačič: Forth into the Past, 10', 1995
- Mirko Simić: Ausländer, 3'52'', 1996
- Ema Kugler: Taiga, 8', 1996
- Miha Vipotnik: Path of Crazy Wisdom, 9', 1993/96
- Nataša Prosenc: One Way, 5'32'', 1996
- Apolonija Šušteršič: Private Corridor - Public Toilets, 3'30'', 1997
- Sašo Vrabič: Tower Flatline, 2', 1998
Eyedentify Yourself (27'45''), 2006
curated by Tevž Logar
The selected video production of the last three years is focused on a younger generation of artists and their personal attitude towards the theme of identity.
- Nika Autor in Robertina Šebjanič: Niro, 2'15'', 2006
- Tomaž Furlan: Wear, 9'53'', 2005
- Tomaž Tomažin: Mr. Tornhill, 2'07'', 2005
- Vesna Bukovec, Lada Cerar, Metka Zupanič: First Impression, 9', 2004
- Nataša Berk: PolyPlay, 4'18'', 2004
Creatures II (25 min.), 2003
curated by Barbara Borčič
The selected video works by heterogeneous authors from various art fields that use video as their main tool or as one of their means of expression and frequently also as a component part of their Gesamtkunstwerk practice. The videos deal with the concepts of Time and Creature and question our relation to the Unknown, the Other and the Different. They present us with a binary coded world built of contradictory relations between Culture and Nature, Man and Machine, History and Future.
- Oliver Marčeta: 2227 - Innocent When You Dream, 5', 1995
- Damijan Kracina: Nails, 6', 1995
- Andrej Lupinc - Lupo: In Eight Minutes around the World, 8'20'', 1990-2000
- Neven A. Korda: Nomad, 1', 2002
- Marko A. Kovačič & Kolja Saksida: Lab Party, 4'40'', 2003
The exhibition, presentation and lecture have been prepared in collaboration with The Foundation & Gallery 3,14.