11–15 December 2019
Academic Film Center Belgrade
Students’ City Cultural Center, Bul. Zorana Djindjića 179, Belgrade
This year’s international festival is being held with the motto “Great Acceleration” and includes curated programs, workshops and discussions in addition to the competition program.
The DIVA Station / SCCA-Ljubljana is participating in the festival with a new program Welcome to the 8 minute Autumnal Picnic in the Past, curated by Barbara Borčić and Peter Cerovšek.
Opening clip for Alternative Film/Video 2019 festival – The Great Acceleration edition. December 11-15, 2019 / Špica za Alternative Film/Video 2019 festival sa temom “Veliko ubrzanje”, 11-15. decembar 2019.
Posted by Alternative Film/Video on Thursday, November 28, 2019
Welcome to the 8 minute Autumnal Picnic in the Past
Curators: Barbara Borčić & Peter Cerovšek
Production: SCCA-Ljubljana, 2019
Duration: 81 min
Artists: Davorin Marc, Andrej Lupinc – Lupo, Sašo Sedlaček, Neven Korda, Marko Kovačič, RÁTNEEK (Maja Prelog & Blaž Murn), Kristina Kokalj, Zmago Lenárdič
Premiere: Alternative Film/Video Festival, Academic Film Center, Belgrade, December 13, 2019
The environment crisis can be perceived and interpreted in an essentially abstract form or, on the contrary, it can be put in its rough and painful concreteness. When these two possibilities meet in this programme, the real space becomes obsolete and media space-time arises. The future and the past become one, which is the cinematic experience in the universal blackness of the screening hall. Like there is no white without black and no silence without noise, there is also no beauty without a dump and no nature without people, no organic without mechanical/technological.
The programme consists of eight works by eight artists that address the topic of environment in many different dimensions and artistic approaches, ranging from the 1990s until today.
- Davorin Marc, Dobrodošlica. / Welcome., 2017, 2′ 40”
- Andrej Lupinc – Lupo, V 8 minutah okoli sveta / In 8 Minutes around the World, TV Slovenija & A. L., 1990–2000, 9′ 48”
- Sašo Sedlaček, Piknik na deponiji / Picnic on a Dump, 2004, 9′ 06”
- Neven Korda, Jesensko tihožitje / An Autumnal Still Life, 2001–2005, 4′ 05”
- Marko Kovačič, Naprej v preteklost / Forth into the Past, Forum Ljubljana & VPK, 1995, 9′ 31”
- RÁTNEEK (Maja Prelog & Blaž Murn), 2045, 2016, 8′ 30”
- Kristina Kokalj, Mašina spomina / Memory Machine, 2018, 4′ 25”
- Zmago Lenárdič, Waiting for Changes, 2007, 32′
Videospotting is a series of curated programs of video art in Slovenia produced and presented by SCCA-Ljubljana in solo screenings, exhibitions, lectures, and at international festivals, exhibitions, meetings.